Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling; 13 for it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure. Philippians 2:12-13 NKJV
Rodney Howard Browne discusses working for salvation.
- The moment you receive Jesus as Lord and Savior, you become a new creature—your Spirit is made brand new; re-created; eternity comes to live in your heart; eternal life is yours. You are translated out of the kingdom of darkness, into the kingdom of light. Heaven is now your destination and your new home!
- Your soul—mind; will; emotions—needs to be renewed. This is your responsibility. You work out your salvation by submitting —spirit, soul and body—to the Word of God and the Holy Spirit.
- James 1:21-27
- Don’t be a fake. Be real—with God, yourself and others.
- God wants a pure heart more than mere good works.
- God is full of mercy and grace, but it is a mistake to take God’s grace and mercy for granted.
- Hebrews 10:26-29
- God is kind, gracious and loving, but He is also righteous and He expects righteousness from us.
Rodney Howard Browne teaches us to walk in love and forgiveness.
- If you don’t forgive, the Father cannot forgive you.
- Mark 11:25-26 AMP – And whenever you stand praying, if you have anything against anyone, forgive him and let it drop (leave it, let it go), in order that your Father Who is in heaven may also forgive you your [own] failings and shortcomings and let them drop. 26 But if you do not forgive, neither will your Father in heaven forgive your failings and shortcomings.
- Luke 17:3-4
- Ephesians 4:32
I must not neglect fellowshipping with the Saints.
- You are not the only one out there—no man is an island.
- God wants us to look out for one another.
- Each of us needs to experience truth and grace—people who will tell us the truth and confront the sin in our lives, and people who will love us, accept us, forgive us and encourage us in our walk with God.
- Hebrews 10:23-25
- Work to live in harmony with each other.
- Romans 12:16
- 1 Corinthians 12:25
- Love each other.
- John 13:34-35
Rodney Howard Browne teaches that we must read the Word and pray daily.
- Fellowship with God through His Word and prayer.
- John 15:1-8
- Talk to the Lord. Listen for His voice. Spend time in His presence. Stay hooked up to Him.
I must be involved financially in Kingdom business.
- Tithes—local church.
- Malachi 3:8-12 AMP – Will a man rob or defraud God? Yet you rob and defraud Me. But you say, In what way do we rob or defraud You? [You have withheld your] tithes and offerings. 9 You are cursed with the curse, for you are robbing Me, even this whole nation. 10 Bring all the tithes (the whole tenth of your income) into the storehouse, that there may be food in My house, and prove Me now by it, says the Lord of hosts, if I will not open the windows of heaven for you and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it. 11 And I will rebuke the devourer [insects and plagues] for your sakes and he shall not destroy the fruits of your ground, neither shall your vine drop its fruit before the time in the field, says the Lord of hosts. 12 And all nations shall call you happy and blessed, for you shall be a land of delight, says the Lord of hosts.
- Offerings—local church and missions.
- 2 Corinthians 8:12-15
- 2 Corinthians 9:6-12
- Poor and needy.
- 2 Corinthians 8:7
I must live my life as a daily witness to Jesus, my Lord and Savior.
- Acts 1:8 AMP – But you shall receive power (ability, efficiency, and might) when the Holy Spirit has come upon you, and you shall be My witnesses in Jerusalem and all Judea and Samaria and to the ends (the very bounds) of the earth.
- Sharing Jesus by my actions.
- 1 John 3:18 AMP – Little children, let us not love [merely] in theory or in speech but in deed and in truth (in practice and in sincerity).
- Sharing Jesus by my words—witnessing.
- Proverbs 11:30 NKJV–The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life, And he who wins souls is wise.
N.B. (Important note) I must be a soul–winner!